The Mercado Family



Saturday, June 25, 2022

Father's day weekend

 Jason got to go on the Young Men's campout with the boys in our ward, including Austin. He was involved with a lot of the planning and was excited to go!

They went to Hocking Hills, Ohio where I went with the girls last year to Girl's Camp. They had devotionals, enjoyed good food that the boys prepared very well, went hiking to the caves, kayaking, and rock climbing. They received an educational experience while rock climbing. They were taught about the minerals that make up the rocks in that area. The couple who led the group on that adventure said they were the best group they'd ever had! The boys were interested,  polite, and willing to try. So proud of our Plymouth ward boys!









While Jason was gone,  I only had Erik and Kai home,  as Victoria was at a friend's cabin for the weekend.  Kai and Erik had full schedules with friends, so I didn't have to cook at all and had extra time to prepare the mini cookie dough balls for the cookie dough ice cream I was going to make for Father's day. I was also able to plan out his breakfast and dinner with more precision than time has allowed me lately. It was nice!

I made huevos rancheros for breakfast, using dry black beans that I had time to soak and cook! We had leftover rice and gandules for lunch (a favorite PR dish), and Rueben sandwiches with homemade fries and roasted cauliflower for dinner.  The ice cream, of course,  was a hit! Some of us enjoyed the Reubens more than others,  but that's how it is in my house. 

Mmm, breakfast!

Victoria didn't get back till close to 9pm, so Jason waited till then to open his gifts of a swim shirt and Father's day socks (according to the radio,  socks are one of the worst gifts to give a Dad on Father's day,  but I found that out after I had already bought them and I don't think he minded getting socks).


Victoria painted him a Nebraska "N" on a rock while she was gone. 

I was glad we could celebrate him and that he could enjoy a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those huevos rancheros look amazing!! And Reubens, too - yummy! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete