The Mercado Family



Monday, January 11, 2021

First Week Back

 Our first week back to school started with some good snowman building snow. It has been fun to watch my students play in it this week and especially goes well with all my winter themes. It's nice to have snow when we're talking about how it forms and doing our snow dance!

Luke enjoyed being outside with the kids.

We got some good snow, but where they rolled it into the snowmen, it did clear it off the ground, so still not too much.





I also started the week with the knowledge I was being released from my Relief Society counselor calling. Our ward RS president was called to be the Stake RS president, so the presidency was dissolved.  I was a little surprised, but after serving for 2 1/2 years in that calling and right before then as the 1st counselor in the Primary presidency, I guess it's good for me to have a break. Since things haven't been that busy, I haven't felt too overwhelmed, but it's nice to focus more on my kids on Sundays now as opposed to RS sisters and missionary work. I got to give a 5-minute testimony in yesterday's meeting about what I learned. I was glad I was healthy enough to go. 

The other thing that snuck up on us this week was a bad cold. Everyone has some symptoms of it, except for me, which is why I was able to go to church yesterday. It was our family's turn to go, but they all had to stay back, even Jason couldn't be up on the stand as a member of the Bishopric. Victoria has been coughing pretty badly and Karissa has a crazy stuffed up nose, but Saturday's test determined that it is not COVID, thank goodness!

We're anticipating the meeting tomorrow that will determine whether or not the middle schoolers and high schoolers get to go back to school in person, in some form. Also, Erik gets to go back next week for his funky schedule, but I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment