The Mercado Family



Saturday, November 16, 2019

From Fall to Winter

We enjoyed a lovely fall day on Election Day. The kids and I had off and I convinced them to go for a walk with me on one of our hiking paths in the area, so we could enjoy the last of the fall leaves and decent weather. I had noticed that it was going to be considerably colder after that, so I told my kids that we needed to take advantage of that.
The stream looked beautiful!



Austin, Erik, and I went to a corn maze the Saturday before.

The wagon ride

I didn't know how right I was! We got a huge snow storm Monday morning that dumped about 8 inches on us all through that day and into the next morning, giving us a snow day on Tuesday, exactly one week after our beautiful fall hike. So, we took advantage again and went sledding on Tuesday, inviting our new friends from Florida who don't have much experience with snow.
Measuring before we got the final inch.



A lot of houses around here have pumpkins covered in snow. There are mums behind the pumpkins, totally covered. This belongs to the owner of Red Bell Preschool.

Temperatures have still been pretty cold, so we're still covered in a frozen wonderland. All the leaves are covered in snow and keep falling on top of it as most trees still have their leaves. It's kind of a mess and I don't know when we'll get to finish our fall yard work. On the upside, at least I don't have to do yard work today!


1 comment: