The Mercado Family



Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Dog Duty

At the end of the summer, we had the opportunity to dog-sit for four days. It was the first time ever. The dog is Daisy, our good friends' dog, who needed someone to watch their dog while they were on vacation.

Daisy was very sweet, but it felt weird to me to have her in the house at first, as I wasn't used to having a dog roaming around. The kids each got paid $10, since they equally did their parts of taking her for walks, cleaning up dog doo, and even cleaning up some throw up and the one time she peed in the house. (That pee accident was at the beginning when we didn't realized how often she should go out to pee.)

All in all, she was a very good dog. She always went potty outside, minus the one mishap, slept in her kennel all night (a big one for me), and didn't get into things she shouldn't. She had lots of energy and I enjoyed having the kids go and take her for walks so they had an excuse to get out too. The funny thing was, since I am the mom and in charge in the kitchen, I was even the one who mostly filled Daisy's bowl, she did tend to gravitate toward me. Pets always know who the mom is!

And what did we learn from this experience? That we still don't need to get a dog! The kids still want one, but since no one has time to take one for a walk or clean up after it, that settles it. We're perfectly happy with our cats!!
We took her to the park one day. She sat in Erik's seat like she owned it!

Karissa gave her this stuffed dog.


Erik and Luke were curious.

Erik thought her bed was pretty comfy!

She ate the cats' food, which they weren't thrilled with.

They enjoyed watching her from a distance.

She was pretty cute!

We finally tired her out!

The best moment between Daisy and Luke.

It seems all my kids liked her kennel!


1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! I told Anna that Star is going to be our last dog, and she was aghast. Anna would have a dozen more if we let her! I just don't need another responsibility in my life, though I love our little Star so much and will be super sad when she moves away to live with Anna some distant year.

    ReplyDelete