The Mercado Family



Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was kind of a blur. I was getting over a cold, Jason had a busy work week, and we had another snow day on Tuesday (because of sleet and ice again) and I didn't really know which day it was all week long!

On Tuesday night, the snow day, the girls and I went to the church to support the Young Women fundraiser for Girl's Camp this summer. We made chocolate covered strawberries and packaged them for the ward members who had preordered them. 

Busy at work!

The final product
 Since my favorite treat is chocolate covered strawberries, Jason bought me a couple. I had also ordered a few to support the YW and be sure I had enough to give some away. We well-supported this fundraiser!

Other than our yummy chocolates, Jason brought home some take-out for us from BD's Mongolian. I ordered stir fry from there so we could enjoy it without the kids being jealous since they're not big fans of stir fry. Funny thing was, Victoria is the least fond of it and she was the one begging for some! I even baked the kids' (mostly Victoria and Karissa's) favorite tortilla encrusted tilapia from Costco and she still was begging!
He also brought me these beautiful flowers!
The Saturday before, Karissa got to go to the temple for the first time! Jason and I took both the girls together and enjoyed that wonderful experience with her!

 The night before Valentine's day was the girls orchestra concert, that had been postponed from the week before becasuse of a snow day. Here's one of each of their songs.



Warming up
I love this family of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment