The Mercado Family



Monday, December 10, 2018

Music in the Air

We are surrounded by music and I love it! Not only do we get to listen to beautiful Christmas music, but I get to hear my children make it. Victoria and I convinced Karissa to join orchestra, now that she's in middle school. She plays the viola. She really likes it, especially because Olivia is in her class. We also convinced her to join the choir at her school She's an alto, which surprised me because her talking voice isn't that low, but she using her diaphragm that she has developed through cheer, so it comes out nice and low.
It's the smallest viola I've ever seen!

Her good friend Sarah.



Karissa being in orchestra makes our life a little easier. Jason takes both girls to the high school for orchestra and then they take their shuttle buses to their two different middle schools . Plus, we had only one orchestra concert to go to! However, we do have to go to two different choir concerts at Discovery and East. Discovery has 4 concerts a year, so they had one in October and will have another one on the 20, which is the night before we go to Colorado, so I won't post that one, but East had their December concert already.

Before the orchestra concert.

Victoria and Sabrina, violin buddies!

Karissa and Olivia, viola buddies.

Victoria right before the concert.

Victoria and Rayven. New members of Select Ensemble in choir this year!
A special, unplanned, professional event occurred over Thanksgiving weekend. Someone in our ward couldn't make it to the Nutcracker at the Detroit Opera House and Victoria and I got to go instead! We enjoyed the music, dancing, and decor there.

My ballerina!

I love all these chances to enjoy supporting the talents of my children and celebrating Christmas through music.

Here are some clips of the concerts.
(Victoria is halfway covered by the conductor;)

No comments:

Post a Comment