The Mercado Family



Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend

Remember when I said times we're going to get crazy busy soon? Well, they have, but we're enjoying all these opportunities while we can.

Here are some of my favorite pics of Victoria from her dance photo session. (These were actually from a few weeks ago, but I wanted to save them for when it was her recital weekend.)

Her favorite costume was this blue one for lyrical.

She didn't like this orange tap costume, but I think it does look pretty with her white skin. 



She now does her own her for any event and it's flawless!


Here's her recital dances. She was amazing and the owner of the studio told me she is very pleased with how much Victoria has improved this year. Her cecchetti ballet teacher said she was her most improved student this year!  As in years past, these are just at the dress rehearsals, so the background is not up and at one point a girl with a different costume pops in for part of the dance. I'm not sure what that was all about! It didn't happen at the recital.


In addition, she had her first track meet, which she participated in the 400 meter run in. She did well for her first time. It was fun to watch.
She's in the gray shirt.

Meanwhile... Karissa had her 5th grade talent show. She and Olivia choreographed a short cheer dance for it. They did a good job for how little they practiced! We enjoyed being at the talent show.

The best part of all these activities, was that my mom was here to enjoy the experiences as well! She followed me and my busy schedule around and we enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day together!




The day my mom left was Jason's birthday. We squeezed in a quick celebratory dinner of pizza and lemon poppy seed cake. Tuesdays are extremely busy with 3 piano lessons, tennis class for Austin right now, and picking up Victoria from track. Add to that Karissa's 5th grade music concert on Jason's birthday, and you have a real mix! Luckily, I was able to take Jason out to some good Lebanese food on Friday while my mom stayed with the kids. We enjoyed Karissa's concert, though, and made everyone go as a family outing.



Happy Birthday to Jason!!

1 comment:

  1. May!!! It kills me every year. At least it is all fun/good things that keep us hoppin', right?!

    ReplyDelete