The Mercado Family



Saturday, August 5, 2017

18 Years!

Jason and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary on Monday. I have some friends with kids starting their senior year of high school and it seems weird to me that we were married before they were born! We watched our wedding video last weekend with the kids and my 20-year-old nephew was just a toddler! It brought back great memories of all the people who worked together to make such a memorable day.

 As far as the anniversary day went, we just went to dinner at a new place nearby called Barrio and walked around downtown Plymouth and got some ice cream. It was super good Mexican food, which is saying a lot for around here. Jason sent me some beautiful flowers, delivered to our house, which was a nice surprise. He usually just brings them home. Our triathlon was part of the celebration. It was great to accomplish that together. We had been going on bike rides together and are continuing to do so on Saturdays before we get really busy on those days again when school starts.
We forgot to take a pic at dinner, but snapped a selfie at home later. 
He always included daisies, since they are my favorite!

We took the kids to a Tigers' game on Friday. The price was right, so we took the whole gang! We ended up losing by one run, but it was a great experience and we saw some major good fireworks afterwords which made Austin's night. He'd never seen fireworks that close before and he was grinning from ear to ear! I, on the other hand, think I lost some hearing from it and Karissa seemed to have gotten tired by the loud popping too because she started covering her ears. It was beautiful, just loud.
Karissa wore a Halloween shirt, since their colors are blue and orange. Later on we realized that she has a Tigers' shirt!




Jason ended up taking all the pics because my phone died as we entered the stadium!






I really like this picture of us in Costa Rica...
Here's to the years ahead!

1 comment: