The Mercado Family



Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Birthday Weekend

I have one final year in my 30s. That's kind of weird to me. Suddenly, numbers don't mean much to me anymore!

Thanks for all the cards, well wishes, and gifts! It was great to be remembered. We had such a busy weekend, again, that I just told my kids to cooperate and get their work done without complaint and that would be gift enough for me from them. I think the girls really did plan on buying me gifts with Jason, but it was Karissa's tech week for the play she was in, Fairytale Courtroom, and her play was the entire weekend, that she really had no time for anything extra. She was a trooper, though. I have never seen her keep her cool so well- ever! She's been getting her work done, piano practiced, food eaten, and to play practice with no complaint! Even interactions with her siblings have been so pleasant. Victoria had dance, a birthday party, and a "job" to do someone's hair for the Mormon prom, plus 5 chapters of STEM homework for the weekend (we're still trying to figure out why her teacher gave them so much for one weekend...), so her schedule kept up with Karissa's.

Obviously, it wasn't a restful birthday weekend with all the comings and goings with the girls. I took Austin to a play date in between all the other activities. I helped Jason with the shelves, volunteered at one of Karissa's shows, went to her cast party with her, and gave sharing time to the primary kids on Sunday, my actual birthday. Jason made me fish tacos for dinner, Erik and Austin chose and helped me bake the cake, we watched Karissa's play, and we watched Trolls because it happened to come in for us at the library just in time for our busy weekend. My neighbor moved and we got his table, which we still have yet to move into the kitchen and put our old one away. All this, and we lost an hour of time. I really wanted that hour!

Here are some pics and a clip of Karissa in her play. She had a small part, but it made for less practices, which was good for me. She's excited about next year's play, though, which will be Dr. Dolittle and will be a musical, my most favorite! I have to say, though, that her play this year was hilarious! I highly recommend it!

My flying monkey. 

Karissa and Zach, our carpool buddy. He was one of the little pigs and the Scarecrow in the play. He was also one of the other ducklings in when the girls were in the play Honk two years ago.

Victoria before her choir concert.

Natalia's hair. Victoria did it one try, no problem, and minimal bobby pins. I couldn't do that!


Licking the bowl after making my cake.


39!

Fort making!
The clip is about 5 minutes long. It has Zach at the beginning of it becasue he's our friend and his part was longer so you can see how funny the play is. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great weekend! Such a whirlwind. Love you, and hope your last year as a 30-something is as fabulous as you are!

    ReplyDelete