The Mercado Family



Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Full Swing

We're in the full swing of summer vacation now. It seems we've been on break forever, though it's only day 3, not counting the weekend. Not that it's been that bad, it just seems like so much has happened since they got out of school last Thursday.

The last day of school was one of those days I just want to sweep away and never remember again. I wish I could say it was because I was so sad it was my oldest child's last day of elementary school, but I can't. The youngest must have sensed a big change coming on, or something, for it was tantrum after tantrum in the most inconvenient places. It put me in a foul mood. The one plus side was our trip to McDonald's for lunch (it was a half day of school). The fact that all school-aged children in town were there, wasn't great, but that all my kids had a friend they ran into and made the very long lunch a fun experience for them all, made it worth it. The rest of the day can be swept away as well.

On Friday we went on a short camping trip, an hour away, to see what things we need for our longer camping trip with our pop-up next week. We had planned nothing special to do there except swim and play at the campsite, and that's what we did! It was very relaxing! If I had been in a better state of mind, I would have enjoyed it more. I was still on edge from the day before (I think I mostly had a bad case of PMS last week, which is unusual for me), and my phone has been glitching so I can't take pictures with it, my scripture study through instagram was screwed up, and many other less important issues. It was nice to let the kids choose what they wanted to explore around the campground. Here's what they did.












 There was more swimming than we pictured, though they really did spend a lot of time at the pond, and sure loved catching all those creatures! I'm glad they got to relax and we got to see what we need for our upcoming trip to South Dakota. Turns out, that trip is more ready than the short one since I forgot three very important food items on this trip (pancake syrup, cheese for our Dutch oven pizza, and graham crackers for s'mores!!! Yes, my mind was very preoccupied...)

We arrived home in time for church on Sunday and a low-key Father's Day celebration. Happy Father's day to all the great dads in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Cool critters! I love camping. I hope we can get the whole family out at least once this summer...

    ReplyDelete