The Mercado Family



Tuesday, November 10, 2015

For a Laugh

I don't have much to blog about, but I do remember a funny experience that happened with Erik in June, if you need a laugh.

It was the last week of school and I had taken him to the library. He was playing with the toys and then started to look at some books. I was reading and letting him have some quiet time of his own so I could enjoy mine. I noticed that he was really engrossed in the same book for a long time. He was so involved, that I took these pictures of him.




You can see a slight smile on his face. He had that same look on his face throughout this whole book he was looking at. I could tell the book amused him. When he was done, I wanted to know what book it was that he so enjoyed, so I looked through it. He had me read it to him.

Now I wish I had taken a picture of the actual book, or the title. It was a book about a town of people who lost their butts! Yes, a children's book about people who woke up one day without their butts. All the butts went on a vacation together. You can kind of see the pictures of the people with nothing where their butt is supposed to be, but unfortunately I didn't get any picture of a page with all the butts. They were just like flesh-colored heart-type shapes, crack and all, with clothes on, except when they went to the beach. they had bathing suits on there. It wasn't crude, just really weird. I think a woman wrote the book too. I took the pictures only because I was so proud at how engrossed he was in this book, not knowing that I should have documented this weird book. When I found out it was about a bunch of butts going around on vacation, I couldn't control my amusement with him! I completely forgot to document the title.

So, if you're looking for a children's book to catch the attention of someone, there's one out there!

4 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me about that,,Have you gone back to look for the book? I would love to have a better look and maybe Erik would enjoy reading it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah ha ha ha ha ha. Hilarious. - Celeste

    ReplyDelete