The Mercado Family



Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sweetness

Jason and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday, the actual day! We decided to just go out to a nice restaurant and enjoy dinner together for our gifts to each other. We went to a Cuban restaurant in Detroit and ordered various tapas to try and even dessert and a delicious drink! We got dressed up, ate slowly, and had conversation at a normal speaking level- heavenly! The food was fabulous. I'm starting to like downtown Detroit more now since we've been getting there a little more lately. Jason said it was our "sweet 16" anniversary, and it was sweet!
This was at Belle Isle. I finally got Jason's pics from his phone. Notice my long-sleeves. That was when  my arms were at their worst with poison ivy.

What also is sweet is Erik. Beneath all his tough, crazy, boy act, he's so sweet! He has really been enjoying getting his back "pet" by Jason or me. He'll lie on the floor or my lap and say, "Pet me!" and I'll rub his back for a long time and he won't budge! On Sunday we had root beer floats. He just had plain ice cream, but when he decided to try the last few sips of Jason's melted float, he loved it so much he said, "Austin, you have to try this! It's so good!" Even though Austin had just finished his. So sweet!
Look at this face!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that sweetness when he was here. I love little e! HAppY Anniversary and many many more

    ReplyDelete