The Mercado Family



Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Round II- Reunions

Do you remember what I wrote about last time? I don't really, even though it was just last week! The last pictures I posted were from our hike to the Y.

The day we hiked the Y was a busy one. My Aunt Terry had arrived the day before and went with us on the hike. My Uncle Craig and his family also arrived, so we went up to his hotel in Park City to enjoy his nice pool there.
Uncle Craig with two of his sons, Dallas and Austin, Natalie, and Karissa next to Craig's grandchildren, Maggie and Tucker.

I forgot my suit, so Erik got to swim with Grandma.

Karissa (8), next to Keala (5), who is a hair taller. You can tell which one's dad is 6'7" (not to mention the height of her mom!) 

Went rode the gondola with the kids before leaving Park City.
  That night we went to my brother Derek's for a movie on his outdoor movie screen. The kids mostly played in Derek's fun yard, but they watched the end of it.

The next day, Jason arrived!! We saw the Conference Center with him that day.
Overlooking the Salt Lake Temple
 We also got to enjoy dinner with my Aunt Karen and some of her children and grandchildren.
Daniel, Kate, Layla, Kallie, Karissa.

Kate and Aunt Karen
 The day of the big reunion finally arrived. My mom and Jim and others from the committee worked very hard to bring my grandfather's grandfather's descendants together. The kids dressed in Danish and/or Viking attire in honor of the Lunds and helped serve. They worked very hard as well.
Karissa pouring water.

Victoria in front of the family tree. 

Erik, ready with his shield on the Viking ship.

The main helpers.
Some of the group, the kids were done by then.
 On Sunday, it was back to Derek and Missy's for dinner with the Gordon Lund family (my mom's dad).
These kiddos performed a skit about the courtship of Grandpa Gordon and Grandma Joyce. When the woman is an identical twin, the story becomes very interesting!

Checking out Derek's camper. 

Most of the group, minus a few and my Uncle Mark's family.


I think we finally managed to get my siblings and our families with my mom and Jim.



Last, but not least, we went boating one more time at Jordanelle. 
Beautiful morning

Missy, Derek's wife, is amazing! She drove that boat for hours for us!

Cousin ride!
Thanks everyone for a great stay in Utah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment