The Mercado Family



Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Odds and Ends

I wasn't quite sure what I should blog about this week. I have already posted the pictures of Austin at the Mother/Son dance on face book, which just about covers everyone who reads my blog now, so I don't need to post those pictures again. I don't have a ton of other exciting things to blog about, but I will give a couple of details that happened at the dance, as well as an update on Austin's toe.

As I walked into Austin's room to help him button up his little suit cute, he looked at me and said, "Is that how you looked in high school?" I had to smile at his cute flattering comment and took it as a compliment since I took an extra 2 minutes to look nice for our special date. When we came downstairs, one of the girls (I can't remember if it was Victoria or Karissa) asked the same exact thing! So I answered, "Why, yes! I don't think I look too different from what I look like now." I did have bangs and shorter hair later in my senior year, then of course was blond for a couple of years in college and when we got married, but I pretty much look the same. I guess that's a good thing!

At the dance, Austin received many compliments about his dancing and he danced the entire time in the disco lights by the DJ! Except for the first slow dance. When I went over to dance with him, he wasn't interested and wanted to eat a snack instead! It's already begun! He did dance with me for the second slow song (I think there were only the two played, unless they played one at the very end, which we were gone by then). During our dance, he would lift his arm up every now and then so I could turn under, which was a challenge because of our height difference, but he was very good at leading the motion. Toward the end of our time there, he told me to stop following him. So, I was given the shaft by my 5-year-old son and went and talked with my friends.

Here's a look at his toe. The toenail is to be expected, but look at the skin underneath, yuck!


That boy is an accident ready to happen. He fell out of his chair at dinner the other night and scraped his back on the fireplace bricks. It's definitely not the worst scrape in the book, but still no fun!


1 comment:

  1. tell the kids that you look just the same as high school...no better!

    ReplyDelete