The Mercado Family



Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Camp McDonald

Two things I wanted to do in Utah for myself were to go to the temple (I did that with my sister) and go for a bike ride ( I did that with my brother). Derek wanted to take up the Alpine Loop, a 40 mile ride, and make me puke. Luckily, I didn't puke. It was a great ride and he was patient with me going up, and especially going down!

Other highlights: we celebrated Uncle Dan's birthday.


We even surprised him at his night class with treats .I think his students enjoyed it as well.



Victoria spent a lot of time at her cousins' house. She and Natalie are close in age and enjoyed making up dances. Victoria also enjoyed getting into mischief with Calvin, who's a few years younger. What I liked about it was that she learned how to survive in a house with 7 children. 10-year-old Mariah and 13-year-old Blake are so helpful, I hope some of that rubbed off on Victoria at Camp McDonald.

Meanwhile, Karissa, Austin, and Erik enjoyed activities with the cousins like park visits, miniature golf at Trafalga, and playing with the chickens at Karina's house. We even got to go to Derek and Missy's gym with Missy and their kids (Jake, Layla, and Kallie). I enjoyed a nice work-out with Missy (one tough cookie) while the kids played at the daycare there. We then relaxed at the pool.

All the activities wore Erik out!

We met cousins at the zoo.

Victoria and Natalie 

Hanging out in Grandma's hammock.

Karissa and Austin improved greatly in their swimming in Grandma's hot tub.


Dinner at Grandma's

Erik's line-up

I enjoyed every activity and seeing old friends and family. Though I can't remember all we did now, I remember we had a great time. One more week to record.


1 comment:

  1. I love all your photos! You got different shots from me. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete