The Mercado Family



Monday, May 13, 2013

A Week With Mom

The week leading up to Mother's Day, and few days extra, my mom was here for one of our busiest weeks of the year- dance recital week! Here are some of the highlights and even more activities that made it even busier!

-the boys were recovering from fevers and coughs the day she got here
-recital practice from 9-3 on Saturday
-a hike on Sunday returning with tics on many of us (that's what we get for wandering off the trails)
-shopping for discounts!
-dance run-through Monday and Tuesday
-carpet replaced Wednesday through Friday
-Mother's Day activity at church with Victoria
-Mother's Day activity at school with Karissa
- preschool cooking class for Austin
-dance recital Friday night and Saturday afternoon
-basement project placing the old carpet down there


Phew! Many of these huge activities will have to be highlighted in later blogs. We had a great time with my mom, even though the week was crazy. It was great to be able to go with my girls to their Mother's Day activities and have my mom watch the other kids. I even got to see her Mother's Day morning!

Baking cookies with Grandma (and Logan who's here 3 days a week)

Stake Conference Sunday gave us extra time for a photo shoot with Grandma
Hiking up the "big hill"


Erik had some stranger anxiety at first, but warmed up quickly

My kiddos with their mom for our annual Mother's Day pic

Most of the flowers here are from our yard for me, but the tall carnations were for the girls after the recital.

Jason got me the beautiful hanging basket and our tree has kept it's blossoms this year for a record time!



P.S. Since my last post about the girls' recital was actually before the recital (we can't video tape at the real thing), I have to mention now that they did so well there! Victoria's dances received many whoops from the audience and Karissa's many "awwws". Karissa did the best job I have ever seen her do on her tap dance. I'm a proud mom!

1 comment:

  1. I got to meet your mom once - such a cool lady! I'm glad you got to see her on Mother's Day. My mom was in Spain, so I didn't even get to talk to her :(

    ReplyDelete