The Mercado Family



Monday, March 4, 2013

Balloon Boy (and Other Things Cute)

Remember the balloon that Jason got Erik for Valentine's day? He loved it!! That boy would carry his balloon everywhere! The balloon went to the grocery store, on a walk with us, to the museum, and anywhere else we went where I thought it wouldn't be a distraction, like church. Luckily, we were able to get him to let go of it in the car before going into church. It was difficult for nap time and bedtime, though. He would hold onto it with such a good grip, I had to pry his fingers open to tie the string to the side of the crib so he could stare at it as he fell asleep.

It  became too much though. One time he wanted to hold the string as it hung down from the crib. When I checked on him later, he was still holding it while sleeping and had turned, so the hand holding it was under him. It wasn't wrapped around him at all, but I suddenly got really worried that one time it would be tangled around his hand too tightly, or somewhere worse, and I started to freak out. I just decided the balloon, and Austin's would have to go. I sadly deflated both and disposed of the evidence. Now the balloons are out of sight, out of mind.


Other Things Cute: can you believe how old he's getting?!

At Miller Elementary, the girls had the option of dressing up like their favorite Dr. Seuss character today. Karissa wanted to be Thing 1. I realized now that I didn't take a picture of the back of her hair. It's just a hair piece, so it only covers part of her ponytail. Victoria didn't want to be twins with Karissa and was going to be Cindy Lou Who, but changed her mind last-minute. 
Karissa's a cute little thing!

1 comment: