The Mercado Family



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lucky 13!

Jason and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on Saturday, though the actual day was yesterday, the 31st. It's interesting how much our expectations changed this year with a nursing baby who doesn't want to be with anyone but Mommy and with Jason's job that doesn't give him a break! It doesn't matter, we had fun and we were happy to be together for our two hour trip to Outback and IKEA. I wanted to buy new bedding for our bed, since we've had ours for 13 years! I'm still working on pillows, so pictures will come later. Since Outback is not far from IKEA, where we got our bedding from, we thought it would be nice and easy to eat there. I enjoyed eating my food slowly and not having a child on my lap for part or all of my meal. Shopping was not as stress-free as I had hoped, since we had to hurry back, but it was easier with no children! Our celebration being simple, yet enjoyable, reminds us that we love each other no matter what we do and there is a time and a place for everything.

Jason brought this beautiful bouquet of flowers home yesterday with my favorite flower and the flower of love. You can't tell how big it is here, but it's the biggest bouquet ever!
I love you Jason!

2 comments:

  1. so, it looks like I know what to buy you guys for your Annniversary! But for sure ANOTHER date night! I love you both

    ReplyDelete