The Mercado Family



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Personal Sauna

It was so hot and humid here this week that I felt like I was entering a sauna every time I went outside! The high on the hottest day was 101 degrees with a heat index of 115 degrees! To give you a perspective, the average this time of year is 84. It's like getting snow in LA, people just aren't used to it and we're not prepared for that kind of heat; like Jason's tennis court where he practiced in TX. had an ice machine. They just cancelled everything around here, such as Victoria's outdoor supervised playground program she and Bethany go to M/W/F for three hours to do activities with other kids and are supervised by college students. (It's the best spent $20 for the summer-ever!) Luckily, on Friday they had a field trip planned to the roller skating rink, so they got to be there for a few hours.

Here the kids are running through the sprinklers at 7 pm to cool down before going to bed. I didn't want to take them out earlier, for their benefit as well as mine!


Austin just loves Bethany, who he calls "Bet-ny", she's like another sister to him.




4 comments:

  1. Wow, you were hotter than we were! Kinda like this winter when we were colder than you. What is going on in the world???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not envying you at all!! It is hot enough here for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget that YOUR personal sauna is that little baby you're carrying around in your belly! The pictures are cute; the garden in the background looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Miss Michigan today and the humidity. And I miss my friends. And my friends' cute kids.

    ReplyDelete