The Mercado Family



Saturday, October 3, 2009

What a Week!

Here are some of the happenings of this last week:

-I drove to and from Victoria's school every day, 30 minutes away, with 5 kids in the car.
-I discovered I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right hand, and so had many sleepless nights. (I know, it makes me sound old!)
-Due to car naps, Karissa slept so well at night that one night she did what I used to do, rolled off her bed and crawled underneath. After hearing a loud "thump", I went up to investigate to find a little pink bum over two little pink footies sticking out from under the bed. Like mother, like daughter!
-Austin hit his 4 month mark. He loves being held in a sitting up position and he loves laughing at his crazy sisters!
-We got a piano for free from someone on freecycle. It definitely needs tuning, but since no one really plays it, it works for now. We all have greatly enjoyed it, though. I have even broken into my "Heart and Soul" and "Chopsticks" pieces to impress the kids and they really are impressed! (Kids are so easy to please!)
-Karissa had her first parent-and-me gymnastics class. Daddy said she had a pretty good handstand.
-Of course we enjoyed conference on Saturday and look forward to Sunday's sessions. Victoria couldn't wait for it to start and listened fairly well so she could fill out her bingo card with candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment