The Mercado Family



Sunday, September 20, 2009

With Victoria in school during nap time, and me not having had to drive to school last week, I had free time that I haven't had in a very long time! I caught up on house work and yard work, started making quilts for the bunk beds, and even mowed the lawn (which isn't a quick process in our big yard)! But I've also been worried about Victoria in school. At the beginning of the week I actually had a nightmare about her behavior in school. After the scissor incident last week and seeing how hyper she was in her class at church, I dreamed she was a really disobedient student, which was disturbing to me. On Monday, I actually called the mother who drove last week to voice my concerns over Victoria's behavior in the car. I let her know she could punish her if Victoria needed a firm hand.

Monday after school Victoria was way hyper, but the rest of the week she was an angel in the car and good in school as well, at least I assume she was since I didn't hear otherwise. Then I realized that my nightmare was nothing more than just being extra worried, as any mom is over any new stage in her children's lives. New mothers worry about their babies gaining enough weight and their belly buttons looking normal (these are worries I've been reminded of by a friend who is a new mother), mothers with kids in school worry about their children misbehaving, and mothers with teenagers worry about things I don't even want to think about yet!

Victoria does have a lot of energy and can be disobedient around her parents, but she does well with other people and she likes to play the role of different characters. I know she will play the "role" of a student well.

Here's just a cute picture of Austin.


No comments:

Post a Comment