I listen to a daily news podcast that includes about 10 minutes of the top storeis in our nation/world. Since it's only 10 minutes, it's just the biggest stories that the host, from LA, feels are noteworthy to share. It's called The Newsworthy.
Last week she shared over the course of a few days the cyclosporiasis outbreak that has been spreading in mostly Michigan (there have been around 3,000 cases here) but in other states as well. I've seen many shares about people spending the day in their bathtub because of the explosions from both ends of their bodies😦. It isn't spread through humans, just through contaminted food. At first they said packaged lettuce/salads, other lettuce, cilantro, and raspberries. Now they've narrowed it down to Taylors Farms lettuce used by Taco Bell (kind of ironic).
The host also shared about the fires from Canada and how the air quality is greatly affected by them in places such as Michigan. It was reported that the air quality in Detroit was the worst in the world, the other day. I don't remember what the numbers acutally signify, but she said Detroit's air quality number was 700 something, but normal is like 300 something. Locally, all things outdoor were closed Thursday-Saturday, including practices, concerts, outdoor ice cream shops, pools... Planet Fitness even offered free admission to everyone over the weekend so we don't miss our work-outs. We took full advantage! The funny thing is, is that I'm from LA and we had many summers filled with smoke from fires right in our own hills/mountains. I do remember the same smell and hazy sky, with the eerie red-tinted sun. I don't remember getting a headache, which I had the past 3 days when I returned home from errands, nor anything being canceled. I don't know if we're just smarter now or more sensitive, or things are worse, or what!
![]() |
| The sun at 8am on Friday. |
The last thing, she mentioned in her Friday podcast, that Erik listened to with me on the way back from getting his cast off, was something about Trump saying the Michigan election was interferred by China. What?? I don't know any details about that and didn't delve into anything, but thought it was funny that my state has all this stuff going on. Anyone want to come visit us here right now??
![]() |
| He got a lot of siganatures! |
![]() |
| A little thinner, a weird tanline, and a crazy smell! |
Happy Summer!






No comments:
Post a Comment